cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to preselect data from dataset for multiple Apps

Hi

I have a Sharepoint List with All Department's employee information in it.   However, I'd like to create multiple Apps that can be preset to ensure that only chosen Departmental information is visible.

For instance, Depts 1,2,3,4 and each head of dept should only be able to see their employee's information i.e. Head of Dept for 1 & 2 should not be able to see any data for employees under department 3 and 4. I currently have a column labelled Departments which lists all relevant departments in it, so perhaps a solution that would allow me to deselect those for each App where relevant.?

Thanks Marie

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Hi,

Yeah, the Department column is present in the Property Information List too.

The formula still isn't like the = sign?  Any ideas please?

MarieBainbridge_2-1595420375831.png

Highlighted

Hi @MarieBainbridge ,

What type of field is "Person" (bad name for a field as it is also a type of field) in AccessRights and what is in it?

Highlighted

Hey @WarrenBelz

As below if it helps:

MarieBainbridge_0-1595492629795.png

Thanks

M#

Highlighted

HI @MarieBainbridge ,

That is a Person field  believe (you have left off the left part which shows it).

You need something like

Set(vUsermail,User().Email);
Set(
   vDept,
   LookUp(
      AccessRights,
      Person.Email=vUsermail,
      Department
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Hi @WarrenBelz 

That last one worked for the OnStart, now the Gallery filter doesn't like the =, it clears all data info out as below shows?

MarieBainbridge_0-1595498973942.png

Any clues please?

M#

Highlighted

@MarieBainbridge ,

When you go to View > Variables > Global (tab) > vDept, do you see the Department name you are looking for?

Highlighted

Hi @MarieBainbridge ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,631)