cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilkumar
Helper II
Helper II

How to pull more than 2000 items from SharePoint to powerapps

I have SharePoint list with more than 2000 items and its getting added daily.

unnaturally i will be get only 2k items in powerapps.

Can some suggest me to grab the more than 2K items from Sp to powerapps please.

Pls suggest me example..

Thanks 

Sunil

13 REPLIES 13
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@sunilkumar 

Why do you need to pull ALL of the records into your app at once?  Most times this is not necessary.  Many scenarios have a workaround.

Please let me know the specific task you are trying to do that would require all records and we can figure out a different way to do it.

Any of these functions and data types will work with over 2,000 records.

Capture.PNG

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

8BitWarrior
Advocate III
Advocate III

@sunilkumar 

There is a way to bring more items into PowerApps, I had to do this for one of my application. You will need to use Collections in order to do this. The logic is simple, you need to create a series of smaller collections and then Collect them into collection to combine all the record.

//Divide your Data Source into smaller collection based on some value

ClearCollect(Collection1,Filter(DataSource,Condition));
ClearCollect(Collection2,Filter(DataSource,Condition));
ClearCollect(Collection3,Filter(DataSource,Condition));
ClearCollect(Collection4,Filter(DataSource,Condition));
ClearCollect(Collection5,Filter(DataSource,Condition));

//Note that when filtering your collections, your filters must not bring in more than 2000 records

//Combine your collections into one
ClearCollect(AllCollections,Collection1,Collection2,Collection3,Collection4,Collection5);

actually i have gallery in power apps, in this we use to search by part number to know the status,  are we inspected same part or not before going to start the inspection every time.

When i am searching to know the status it should search overall SP items list and provide me the final result.

So i have to pull all the items into power apps.

@sunilkumar 

To filter a gallery by part number you can do this:

1.  Create a new text-box and name it TextInput_PartNumber

2.  Put this code in the Items property of your gallery.

Filter(your_datasource_name, StartsWith(your_partnumber_column, TextInput_PartNumber.Text))

3.  Type in a part number in the TextInput and information will display in the Gallery.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

since, i have only one SharePoint list with more than 2k items with Part number, Part description, Request ID, etc.

Can you please explain bit more based on given above example please;

Thanks

Sunil

@sunilkumar 

Suggest you try my idea and let me know the result.  This works on SharePoint lists with over 2k records.

---

it is not working code, it is just filtering only 2k items but out of 2k it;s not showing the result.

@sunilkumar 

Please share a screenshot showing what you have input into the formula bar for the Items property of the gallery.

see the attachment please 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,921)