cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to pull more than 3000 SP list items to PowerApps

Hi @sasidhar_mudra 

Can you check if you are able to get the records after index 2000 from the SharePoint list. You can do this by adding a temporary screen and on that screen, add a gallery control with formula:

Filter(myCollection, Batch_ID = 3000)

also, create a label and place the expression on the Text property as: CountRows(MyCollection) -> This should be equal to the number of records in the SP list.

If you are able to see those records, it is okay if you are getting delegation warning as we are collecting items based on starting character and which supports upto 10k records.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
sasidhar_mudra
Level: Powered On

@yashag2255 ,

Nopes. No luck sir. It still shows 2000 records only.

Collection_Batch_ID3.jpg

Thanks

Sasidhar

Eelman
Level 10

@sasidhar_mudra @yashag2255 I've been following along with this post in the hope this would work for me as well, but alas I'm getting the same delegation warning and only returning 2000 items, no more.

Screenshot to show this:

LargeDataSet return from PowerApps - delegation warning.jpg

colSecond2000 returns empty.

I also created the extra SP column via:

New Column -->Calculated (calculation based on other columns) --> Single line of text --> formula --> =IF(ID<2001,1,2).

My SP List holds 3300 records so this formula works fine. I've also double checked that IDs > 2000 have 2 in this column and they do. I even changed the above formula to --> =IF(ID<2001,"1","2") but got the same result.

This just doesn't work for me. @yashag2255 have you got this to work on a SP List with more than 2000 records? 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Eelman / @sasidhar_mudra 

I did a few tests on my side and I was able to overcome delegation with Single Line of Text field instead of a calculated field. In my case, I added the values manually in a SP list(in my case to Title Column) and when used StartsWith on this Title column, this was fetched with no delegation warning.

I did some research and calculated columns are not delegable, so you have to do that for a single line of text column. You can either create a workflow to auto-update this value whenever a record is created.

Below is a screenshot of my SP list for which I was able to get more than 2000 records.

222.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sasidhar_mudra
Level: Powered On

@Eelman ,

Hello Eelman,

Were you able to crack this ?

Regards

Sasidhar

Eelman
Level 10

@sasidhar_mudra  To be honest I haven't re-tried doing this, however, I've just recently been watching this video series on delegation 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiErbYtRdA&list=PLTyFh-qDKAiE6ia-D94Qk5-AzpN4dqOmD&index=1

Its given me a much better understanding of how to access my SharePoint data without having to pull all of it into the app. Maybe this is a better solution, unless you can write a Flow to build out your new SP column?

just today I was able to populate a gallery (using the methods in the videos) with over 2000 records. Also, by using dropdowns as gallery filters, as per the videos, I could filter down my data to a more manageable size - still getting access to ALL my data.

I thought I understood delegation before watching this series but I was wrong. It now means I will have to think differently about how I build future apps but this will open up more opportunities for functionality I need.

Watch video 1 and build out an app using the steps shown and see if you can get what you need? I think you will, but let me know if you get stuck

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,872)