Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freshyshreya
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to put people finder in power apps

Hi,

I want add a people finder option in my power apps forms.How shall I go about it?

Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @freshyshreya ,

In the people picker combobox  DefaultSelectedItems please add below code. 

Switch(ComboBox2.Selected.Value,"Finance",{DisplayName:"Full Name same as in Active Directory"},"BPI",{DisplayName:"Full Name same as in Active Directory"},......)

Dont forget to enable search in the combobox field like mentioned below. 

PG_WorXz10_0-1631523241507.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @freshyshreya ,

You can add a ComboBox if you want to search the users as well. 

Step 1.  Add Office365Users connector 
Step 2.  Add combobox
Step 3. In items :  Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ComboBox1.SearchText})
Step 4:  Click on fields and add DisplayName as shown below 

PG_WorXz10_0-1631517038445.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

The formula for people finder works fine.

I need to add one more functionality over here.In the pic below,in combobox5(3) I want to have two options 1. it should have the switch function so that when a user selects from 1 ,the respective name gets displayed in 3

2.combo-box5(3) acts as a people finder.

So,its either option 1 or 2

freshyshreya_0-1631521359904.png

Note:Currently I have these two function in two separate controls(i.e.2 & 3). Therefore I need to bring these function into one (i.e. in Combobox5(3))

Hi @freshyshreya ,

In the people picker combobox  DefaultSelectedItems please add below code. 

Switch(ComboBox2.Selected.Value,"Finance",{DisplayName:"Full Name same as in Active Directory"},"BPI",{DisplayName:"Full Name same as in Active Directory"},......)

Dont forget to enable search in the combobox field like mentioned below. 

PG_WorXz10_0-1631523241507.png

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

This works.Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,907)