cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavePotts_BritE
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to read Environment Variables in PowerApp?

I'm looking for a quick example of how to read an Environment Variable in a PowerApp. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/environmentvariables

I've set the variable in my environment. How do I simply read that in a PowerApp and display the current value in a text label?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's the pointer I needed. Thanks.

The solution to my problem was to set the text on the label to be:

LookUp('Environment Variable Values', 'Environment Variable Definition'.'Schema Name' = "test_environment_data").Value

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @DavePotts_BritE ,

Have a look at this detailed video to help you better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxjwpqcwI_Y

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

That's the pointer I needed. Thanks.

The solution to my problem was to set the text on the label to be:

LookUp('Environment Variable Values', 'Environment Variable Definition'.'Schema Name' = "test_environment_data").Value

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @DavePotts_BritE,

I just noticed you liked my reply, please mark it as the solution if that solves your issue if not please let me know what else you need so that we can help the new members in the community also 😊

Regards,
Krishna

If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
sigmaNot
Helper I
Helper I

Has anything changed since this post was answered?

I have a simple text Environment Variable in my solution I'm trying to read in my canvas app but the formula from this post is not working.  Am I missing anything?

sigmaNot
Helper I
Helper I

I made the mistake of adding both entities 'Environment Variable Values' and 'Environment Variable Definitions' to my app.  Editor was autocompleting to 'Environment Variable Definitions' and I didn't realize that 'Environment Variable Values' has a record field called 'Environment Variable Definition'.....

LookUp('Environment Variable Values','Environment Variable Definition'.'Schema Name' = "myEnvVarSchemaName").Value    //CORRECT

LookUp('Environment Variable Values','Environment Variable Definitions'.'Schema Name' = "myEnvVarSchemaName").Value    //INCORRECT

Hope this helps anyone else who makes the same mistake.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,443)