cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvadodaria
Frequent Visitor

How to read an Excel file from ADLS

I understand with ADLS2 you have to use the BLOB Storage connector due to a product limitation.  I'm trying to read an Excel file stored in ADLS2 using a BLOB storage connector as per the screen shot below.  Am I using the wrong function or have I specified the syntax incorrectly?  I'm using a data table and specifying this on the items property.

samvadodaria_0-1652109001248.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ran into a further issue although you can exceed the row limit of 2,000 using collections the list box seems to have a hard limit even though it's using a delegable query.  The gallary control does not seem to have this limit.  To get around this as we have several list boxes I've set them up as cascading filter selections.  So as the user works through each box it reduces the final list of customers to less then 2,000.  Its an interesting use case for Power Apps as essentially we are using it to allow users to define filter selection criteria.  The user defined filter sets are then stored in SQL for ADF to export data out of an order system for route planning

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samvadodaria
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Docs states: You can't use Microsoft Excel as the data source when the file is stored in Azure Blob Storage.  Another product limitation it seems

Attempted to use the GetFileContentByPath to read a CSV file stored in ADLS without success.  In the end I've decided to use a collection to work around the row limitation.  A simple list box shows the correct number of rows.  If anyone picks up on this tread in the future who has experience of how to make function calls to read CSV files stored in the ADLS please reply to this tread.

Ran into a further issue although you can exceed the row limit of 2,000 using collections the list box seems to have a hard limit even though it's using a delegable query.  The gallary control does not seem to have this limit.  To get around this as we have several list boxes I've set them up as cascading filter selections.  So as the user works through each box it reduces the final list of customers to less then 2,000.  Its an interesting use case for Power Apps as essentially we are using it to allow users to define filter selection criteria.  The user defined filter sets are then stored in SQL for ADF to export data out of an order system for route planning

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,928)