Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to refresh gallery after Flow insertion running

Hi guys,

I had a gallery that the Items is from a Virtual entity of Dynamics 365 Finance. The process I have now is I have a button which the action is to run a Flow to insert something to my Virtual Entity.

Problem now the gallery not refresh when the Flow is succeeded. In the button action after run the Flow, I have put Refresh('General atachments (mserp)'); which is the name of my virtual entity, and have confirmed the flow is succeeded as well as the data inserted in my real Database. 

If I close my app and open again, then I can see the gallery is with my new record.

What to do to solve this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

I believed Set(ColA) cannot be mixed with ClearCollect(ColA). Changed to use everything to ClearCollect.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi guys,

Upon research, I found some article saying because Flow takes about 2-3 sec to finish, it maybe my Refresh too soon.

So I've added Timer in my screen, then at the action button, after Flow ran, I added logic to start the Timer, and in the Timer it self, in OnTimerEnd method I added the Refresh(...my table..)

The timer did start and ran, but still the gallery not refresh after it is stop. Can I get help on this ?

Thanks

Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi guys,

It's me again. Hope I'm not make this confusing. Anyway may I ask, when we create a Collection from a table, in App.Onstart, something like this : 

Set (CollA, ''General atachments (mserp)')

In relation to my previous reply, I have a timer which will only started with some condition and at its OnTimerEnd I clearCollect again like this :

ClearCollect ( CollA, ''General atachments (mserp)')

Will this raise some issue ? or is this incorrect ?

Because when I add that ClearCollect formula, it is just make my canvas app not display anything, like there is a problem with some logic, but I don't know where.

I tried to trace it, for the timer itself, is not even started yet, so it is no way the formula OnTimerEnd even executed, So I'm wondering, why when I have that formula, then my canvas app seems to have problem now, not even display anything (just the label for my trace, appeared). When I commented out that formula, the canvas app is working, back to normal. 

Hope I can get a little help or idea what to do, here. As the topic, I actually just want to make my gallery to be refreshed after my flow (insert a record) is completed. Now totally frustrated why has to be this hard.

Thanks

Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

I believed Set(ColA) cannot be mixed with ClearCollect(ColA). Changed to use everything to ClearCollect.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,089)