cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to replicate label fields and formatting under each datacard on a newly added form.

I am looking to maintain an existing mobile  PowerApp 

My first task is to create various forms connected to separate data sources but allow only one should be visible on my screen.

Below I show the newly added form data card which I want amend to  become more like  he   "To Be" data card, as per an existing form.

My question: is there a quick way of doing this given I have multiple data cards to amend on this form and I have 3 more tab forms to create?  Oh I also need to change the X & Y postions for each data card (as no drag and drop) to accomodate the new labels added under each data card.    All in all , does appear to be quite time consuming ( and not as enjoyable as Power Automate IMHO 🙄)

On my new form

I create a new view form and wire in my data source

Datacard.png

On an  existing form

Not sure the buiness reasoning for these labels but feel I need to be consistent 🤔.

DataCard on Existing screen.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@westerdaled 

The naming is pretty much irrelevant, but if you are working to some standard naming, then unfortunately, you will have to do this manually.  They can all be renamed though, so that is possible - just manually.

You will also need to perform the X Y alterations on each datacard control manually.  It is one of the styling downfalls of EditForms.

I have done a video on EditForms including styling and also separating out your EditForm from a "real" form while maintaining function of the EditForm. Encourage you to watch it in full, but at the lease, check out Part 2 and Part 3 (there is a table of contents on the video to guide you).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@westerdaled 

The naming is pretty much irrelevant, but if you are working to some standard naming, then unfortunately, you will have to do this manually.  They can all be renamed though, so that is possible - just manually.

You will also need to perform the X Y alterations on each datacard control manually.  It is one of the styling downfalls of EditForms.

I have done a video on EditForms including styling and also separating out your EditForm from a "real" form while maintaining function of the EditForm. Encourage you to watch it in full, but at the lease, check out Part 2 and Part 3 (there is a table of contents on the video to guide you).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

Thanks for the reply. I will watch your video -  wow over 2.5  hours this looks I an interesting topic

Also, I notice that each DataCard has DataCardKeynn which seems to be taking the column name form the underlying database table .   I started using these but they are not consistent ( some have underscores) so I am thinking I should delete or hide them from the form and replace with my own label.   All in all, quite a lot work.  I am tempted to just remove the view only form and replace with DataTable or Gallery but will need to confirm this with the client.  Better get starte on you video.

Super User III
Super User III

@westerdaled 

Yes, it is a long video - there is so much to cover, thus the table of contents to skip around as needed.

I believe it will open up some more ideas for you that could address what you are contemplating.

Yes, the datacardkey is just a label.  By default it is the name of the field in the datasource.  You can adjust that completely as needed and will have no negative impact.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Halfway thriough the video and it is excellent btw.  Some handy tips on the form properties. 

Ironically, I found out today that the form needs to be replaced with a gallary as there is more than one record to display.  I guess I could still have  used the form and just set the item to the last modifed record and aslo implement a "next" or "back" control  foe scrolling, but I just go with the Gallery for now. 

Now there's a thought , perhaps you could do a vidoe on Galleries 😃.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (82,230)