Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GAbraham
Helper I
Helper I

How to reset contents of Gallery

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to reset contents of Gallery  using a button click 

I have tried like this Reset(gallery) but it doesnt work

4 REPLIES 4
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Refresh the data source of the gallery and the gallery will be refreshed automatically.

Refresh( DataSource );

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

eka24
Super User
Super User

Can you give further details about the resetting?

If its about refreshing, then refresh the Datasource like:

Refresh(Datasource)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @GAbraham 

I believe you are trying to find a way to reset your controls not to refresh the data source? 

To add more light to it, say if you have a texg input control or a checkbox within your gallery, you want to be able to reset them back to their original values, is that correct? 

Resetting controls that are in a gallery can only be done from within the gallery. Let me know fi this is in line with what you are asking. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
Microsoft Business Applications MVP
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@GAbraham,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to reset the content from the controls within the Gallery?

Could you please share more about your scenario,  do you want to clear the selected item?

You cannot reset controls that are within a Gallery or Edit form control from outside those controls. You can reset controls from formulas on controls within the same gallery or form.

Obviously, if the Reset button was outside the gallery and hence invoking Reset from there didn’t work. A Reset article could help you better understand it. 

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,071)