cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZakirChougle

How to reset value in a read-only field

I have few read-only fields in my PowerApp form. On click of Submit button I am resetting all field value to blank. Fields that are editable, they are resetting as blank (working as expected) but read-only fields which are auto-populating they are not resetting to blank after click of Submit button.

Below is the code I am using to reset a field.

Example: Reset(FullName);

8 REPLIES 8
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

What type of fields are your read only fields?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

Reset returns a field to the default property.  What do you have as the default value on your read only fields?

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

They are simply text fields.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

It would be helpful if you could share the formula on your submit button and any formula you might have in the 'Default' property on your read only fields.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks LRVinNC. You are correct I observe the Reset function is returning the field value to the default property. 

In one of the field I have below Default value for a text box. Any idea how can I make it blank on Reset button while at the same time having it's Default value as below?

If(!IsEmpty(VarEmpFullName),VarEmpFullName,"")

The VarEmpFullName value I am getting from a SharePoint list.

Hi @ZakirChougle ,

Try

If(
   !IsBlank(VarEmpFullName),
   VarEmpFullName,
   Blank()
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I tried your solution but it does not work.

@ZakirChougle ,

Turn on Formula Level Error Management in your Advanced Settings and see if that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,737)