cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianpace
Frequent Visitor

How to restrict a view in a Model Driven App to a specific security role

Hi,

I developed a model-driven app, which has a normal user tab and an admin tab. I created a view to restrict the user view to their owning business unit (I had to give them full view rights due to a system job). However, I need to create an admin view with all the records in the table, which can be viewed by users within the the admin role.

The main issue here is that users can still choose the admin view from within the MDA.

brianpace_0-1659444496528.png

Is there any way to restrict this, for non-admin users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello @brianpace, there is no way you can restrict system views at this time. You can restrict Forms but not views. I would recommend that you remove the admin view from your model-driven app, and for those users who need to see the full table records, they can create personal view inside the model-driven app. 

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello @brianpace, there is no way you can restrict system views at this time. You can restrict Forms but not views. I would recommend that you remove the admin view from your model-driven app, and for those users who need to see the full table records, they can create personal view inside the model-driven app. 

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

brianpace
Frequent Visitor

That's unfortunate. I do not think the optimal solution is to tell the users to create their own views. If you have an idea on what can be done to provide such "administrator access", I would be very grateful as I am out of ideas 😣

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,482)