Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to restrict file access used in PowerApps

Hello,

I have Excel file connector with on-premises in my app. My need is, I wan this file to be connected only by one account, while data should be visible to all user.

Meaning, I do not want to provide file access to all users, they should perform the operation via "Service account" who has access on that file.

How can we impersonate a user on connection/connector ? Is it possible? If not is there any alternatives ? OR all users who are opening an app, must have an access on the file as well? 

Kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

If you want the users to be able view but not edit the data from the Table, you can insert a Edit button: EditForm(FormName). Then set the visible the Edit button to true or false depending on the user email of FullName.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi EKA24,

My question is not regarding that, It's about accessing an app data behalf of another user.

How can we set permission of connectors by only one user behalf of all users?

I hope my explanation is clear 😞

Thanks and Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,217)