cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to return Outlook calendar Event ID to SharePoint list

I have a Flow which is triggered on creation of a new record in a SharePoint list and which creates a corresponding Outlook calendar event. I have this working well, but I wanted to store the ID of the created event back in the SharePoint record so as to be able to update the same event later if the SharePoint record is altered.

I added a Single Text column to the SharePoint list and added a new Update item step after the event creation to write back to the SharePoint record. I added the dynamic content value of Id (the event's unique identifier) to the new SharePoint field:

New Flow actionNew Flow action

I save the Flow and it then runs successfully but no value is stored in the new SharePoint field. When I return to the Flow the Id content in the CalendarID field has been removed:

Annotation 2019-10-29 102832.png

Is there some hidden error that is causing the Update item field value to be removed?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I'm not going to be useful, but was research something else and found this that may or may not help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-and-Update-Calendar-Events-triggered-from-...

Highlighted

@Gigaenvy- yes I had read that thread which led me to believe that inserting the ID into a simple text field in my SharePoint list would work - however, it does not seem to be quite as simple as that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,224)