cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

How to return a HTML table created from flow

I've created a flow to get football (soccer) fixtures from an api, it then creates a HTML table and saves the table as a html file in sharepoint. 

How can I now return that table into PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Stephen1606

You can return a JSON array to PowerApps using a Request Response action. 

So I think the big deal is to convert this HTML table to a JSON object, then easy to collect this table into PowerApps.

Have a look on @mr-dang Youtube Video Replace the Array sent from Flow to PowerApps to learn how to return a JSON.

For convertion HTML to JSON, I can not see any easy mean, I think maybe with a lot of Data manipulations. You can find some tips here JSON cheatsheet for Flow.

Théo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gokello
Advocate V
Advocate V

I think these two options would work:

1. Store the html content in a field within SharePoint (multiple lines text with enhanced rich text formatting.  Then bind this field to the html input control in powerapps.

2. Convert the html into PDF.  Then use PDF viewer control in Powerapps to view it.

tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Stephen1606

You can return a JSON array to PowerApps using a Request Response action. 

So I think the big deal is to convert this HTML table to a JSON object, then easy to collect this table into PowerApps.

Have a look on @mr-dang Youtube Video Replace the Array sent from Flow to PowerApps to learn how to return a JSON.

For convertion HTML to JSON, I can not see any easy mean, I think maybe with a lot of Data manipulations. You can find some tips here JSON cheatsheet for Flow.

Théo

View solution in original post

Stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! This is exactly what I was after. Couldn’t get the MID and Find functions to work as suggested but managed to come up with a workaround for that.

How did you do it ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,733)