cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awalker
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to return only 1 of like items from data source to browse gallery

I have a data source (collection) that has multiple market sectors in a state, multiple customers in a market sector and multiple records (contacts, login credentials, devices, etc) for each unique customer. I'm trying to return all customers in a state and market sector but only one instance of each unique customer.

The user can then select a customer and see the the various records for that specific customer in another browse gallery.

I am having trouble with the filter script. Any suggestions?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @awalker ,

You did not supply any code, but the GroupBy() function is what you need.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @awalker ,

You did not supply any code, but the GroupBy() function is what you need.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

awalker
Helper IV
Helper IV

Good Evening Mr Belz

That's what was needed - thank you! I had no clue where to even begin and therefore could not find much online that was addressing my problem. Now that I have the function I can learn how make it work with my browse galleries and edit forms. The microsoft documentation is clear as mud, but here is a youtube video that was a very helpful jumpstart into using GroupBy()

https://youtu.be/70tEP0ZAmsM

Thanks again for your help, Mr Belz. Always glad when you are responding to my questions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,084)