cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLOWPA
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to return the quotient of a division?

I searched, but couldn't find a solution to obtain the quotient of a division.

The Excel related function would be QUOTIENT(). PowerApps doesn't have it, it only has MOD().

How could I return the quotient of a division?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@FLOWPA 

The Quotient formula in Excel only returns an integer of the division, so the equivalent would be:

RoundDown(numerator/denominator, 0)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@FLOWPA 

The Quotient formula in Excel only returns an integer of the division, so the equivalent would be:

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
jblomberg
Advocate I
Advocate I

First off I should mention I have no knowledge of Excel, so I'm unfamiliar with the quotient-function that's used there. But since the quotient is the 'answer' of the division, I wonder what you're trying to do, because getting this answer is straightforward. 

When dividing 6 by 3, the quotient is 2. So if you set the X-value (just one of many possible examples) of a control to

6 / 3

the X-coordinate will be the quotient (2). If this was set on a label control, getting the quotient could be done by referencing Label1.X

Setting a variable with the quotient of whatever you're dividing works the same:

Set( varQuotient, Dividend / Divisor)

But maybe I'm not understanding correctly. If so, please elaborate on what you want to achieve.

Hope it helped!

@jblomberg Thank you, this is what I am trying to achieve link

I need to divide the total gallery items / increment (25) , and display in a dropdown box 25, 50, 75, 100, up to the total gallery items. 

@RandyHayes wrote:

@FLOWPA 

@RandyHayes That's what I was looking for, many thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,974)