Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnr
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to save rows of a gallery to a backend

Hi there,

Does anyone know how I would go about saving the rows in this horizontal gallery to a backend data source?

I've thought about using Dataverse or maybe setting this table to a variable but I'm not sure how to approach it.

My aim is to move the temporary table that is stored in the Clearcollect to somewhere permanent where I can update and edit it.

cnr_0-1642081443462.png

Many thanks,

Conor

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@cnr 

Your data is in your Gallery...you can just write it to your datasource.

Example formula:

Patch(yourDataSource,
    ForAll(yourGallery.AllItems,
        {ID: ID,  //or other primary key if not SharePoint
         <columnNames and values>
        }
    )
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi @RandyHayes,

Thanks for the input on this! I've taken what you said above and tried applying it below but I keep getting an unknown error. I'm trying to save the gallery to an empty table I've setup on Dataverse by using the Patch function. Is there something obvious here that I'm missing?

Many thanks,

Conor

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@cnr 

I see you reposted this one in this post

I responded to you there!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,675)