cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to send QR generated by Google API as attachment in PowerApps Flow?

Here's my current scenario: The QR code generated by Google API is using the Attendee's ID as it's parameter. This is meant for external use as these users don't have PowerApps account. What I intend to do is blast e-mails to every users with the QR code attached, so they can scan it using the iPad devices provided by me.

I'm currently having some issues on how to save this generated QR code for every users into SharePoint and then attach the QRs in the e-mails. I've thought about saving the QR codes by using a Picture or Hyperlink column, but I don't know whether this is the correct way of doing it, so I need some help here. Also, if I were to save the QR codes using the Patch function, do I just add it in the "Image" function under DATA?

LanceP_0-1601385834408.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check my answer of this thread: Retrive base64 string from barcode generated from chart.googleapis.com 

Following the below flow steps, first to save the QR code to OneDrive for business by URL, then extract the image file content and save to SharePoint.

SaveQR flow.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check my answer of this thread: Retrive base64 string from barcode generated from chart.googleapis.com 

Following the below flow steps, first to save the QR code to OneDrive for business by URL, then extract the image file content and save to SharePoint.

SaveQR flow.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, thanks! That worked to save the QR as an image file, but is it possible to take those image files that are currently in a folder and update them into a Picture column into an existing SP list? 

I've tried using SharePoint's "Update Item" flow action but unfortunately the Picture column doesn't show up.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The image column in sharepoint list actually is the Hyperlink type column, so it must be a URL of the image file that can be saved to the image column.

Hence, we need to compose the Image File URL, here is the URL composition:

https://DomainName.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName/LibraryName/ImageName.jpg

Please try to add a compose action before the Update Item action to generate the URL of image stored in SharePoint Library, and then update the Compose Output to SharePoint list.

Snipaste_2020-10-05_10-38-42.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just what I needed! Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,153)