cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priyasantra
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to send an email to the Person or group feild.

I have multiple person or group  field in an application as follows:

Employee details

Manager details

Trainer details. 

In this i wanted to send an email to the field "Employee details" Currently I m using the Onselect property of a a submit button a form to Office365Outlook.SendEmail(sharepoint name. Employee details.Email, "Subject", Hi "& sharepoint name. Employee details.displayname&" Welcome onboard"). But this is giving me some error. can you help me to correct this and help me to use a send email function based on the employee details feild and also in the body in the opening of the email it must include the Display name of the employee details. 

Thanks

Priya

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @VijayTailor 

I see that currently you have a gallery. Will the same process work even if I dont use a gallery? I dont have a gallery  at this point.

I am sorry to ask you multiple questions I am very new to powerapps and hence asking you about it.

Regards

Priya

Hi @Priyasantra ,

I am using gallery , for Fill the data into Form.

But the solution I provided based on form.
so this solution surely works for you.  Coz you referencing the DataCardvalueName that is Part of Form.

Please Let me Know if still, any doubt is there. Or please explain in detail like if you are using form then how you filling data into it or other Code and Required details to understand your issue. (it would be gr8 if you provide video/Screen for reference).

Thanks,

Hi @VijayTailor 

I have tried this. Initially I do not get an error. But later when I try to make an entry and click on submit and then If I come back to the app it shows an error.  I cant take a screen recording due to compliance However I am taking a screenshot of each page and sending you with highlighted texts. 

Step1. Created a form, Connected to Data source, added Fields that are required screenshots as follows

Priyasantra_0-1601920177334.png

Step2- Inserted a button and checked the datacard name of the Employee details 

Priyasantra_1-1601920315437.png

Step3- As per your advice I have set the formula to onselect property of the button

Priyasantra_2-1601920361693.png

Just after entering the formula it was not showing me any error. But Later after that when I played the app and made an entry and clicked on submit and then when came back to the application edit form it had given me the error. 

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for taking time and helping me till this. I am looking for the rest of your help to sort this issue.

Regards

Priya

Hi @Priyasantra ,

I can see you are not adding the connector it seems.

Please follow the below-highlighted Steps.

VijayTailor_0-1601922843075.png

Thanks

Hi @VijayTailor 

Data Source is also added and the office outlook connector is also added

Priyasantra_0-1601998481652.png

Hi @Priyasantra ,

I think you use using Sample App, Can you please share this app here,

So I can look into that ad suggest the solution.

VijayTailor_0-1601999748427.png

Thanks,

Vijay 

Hi @VijayTailor 

Could you please check your personal inbox message?

Regards

Priya

Hi @VijayTailor 

Could you please help me. I am sorry but this is quite urgent.

regards

Priya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,019)