cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kentgladwin99
Helper I
Helper I

How to send mobile push notification to recipient (that I created as a variable)

OnSuccess mode (Form), how to set the recipients' script that able to push notification to the user that I entered in the form.

I tried manually enter by user's email, but only able to send to a specific person instead of a user that entered "Operation Manager" - ["exemple@contoso.com"].

Also, for sending an email to the user that I entered, how can we set as to send to the user. 

PowerApps.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kentgladwin99,

You could use variable as Email in PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification function.

For example, you use a textinput to fill in Email.

To send notification, you could use this formula:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:[Textinput.Text], message:"A new case was assigned to you."})

If you use "drop down.Selected.Email" to represent the email that you select, you could try:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:[drop down.Selected.Email], message:"A new case was assigned to you."})

You could also use some certain emails:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification(
	{
		recipients: ["email1@contoso.com", "email2@contoso.com"],
		params: Table({key:"notificationKey", value:"The value for notificationKey"}),
		openApp: true
 	}
)

You just need to make sure the data in [] is text type and represents email address.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kentgladwin99,

You could use variable as Email in PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification function.

For example, you use a textinput to fill in Email.

To send notification, you could use this formula:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:[Textinput.Text], message:"A new case was assigned to you."})

If you use "drop down.Selected.Email" to represent the email that you select, you could try:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:[drop down.Selected.Email], message:"A new case was assigned to you."})

You could also use some certain emails:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification(
	{
		recipients: ["email1@contoso.com", "email2@contoso.com"],
		params: Table({key:"notificationKey", value:"The value for notificationKey"}),
		openApp: true
 	}
)

You just need to make sure the data in [] is text type and represents email address.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,328)