cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trish00
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to set a dropdown based on another dropdown?

I have 2 dropdowns with different values, one of the fields will be visible for users and the other one will be set to be invisible for tracking and management purposes.

Dropdown 1 - Yes, no, Pending

Dropdown2 - Yes, No , TBD

How can I update Dropdown2 to automatically update when selection is made.

Dropdown1 Yes = Dropdown2 Yes

Dropdown1 No= Dropdown2 No

Dropdown1 Pending = Dropdown2 TBD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AsanKani
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Trish00 
Dropdown 1 items property ["Room1", "Room2", "Room3", "Room4", "Room5"]

Dropdown 2 items property ["1","2","3","4","5"]

Dropdown 2 default property 

If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room1","1",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room2","2",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room3","3",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room4","4",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room5","5")))))

I hope now your problem resolved. Give thumbs up for appreciate my reply.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways or you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Assuming you have a collection which is on the Items property of the dropdowns:

ClearCollect(Mylist,[ "Yes", "no", "Pending","TBD"])

Put the Mylist on the Items property of the 2 dropdowns.

Then In Default property of Dropdown2:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value ="Pending","TBD", Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

AsanKani
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi, @Trish00 

Your dropdown1 items property to set ["Yes","No","Pending"]
Your dropdown 2 item property to set["Yes","No","TBD"]

Your dropdown 2 default property to below coding set  If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes","Yes",If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="No","No",If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Pending","TBD")))

Based on above formula you can change or extend your dropdown items like "Yes","No","Pending", "Inprogress","Approved","Maybe" like what every you need to extend your data source. same as followed if statement in your default property to update what every you need.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways or you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

AsanKani
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Trish00 
Dropdown 1 items property ["Room1", "Room2", "Room3", "Room4", "Room5"]

Dropdown 2 items property ["1","2","3","4","5"]

Dropdown 2 default property 

If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room1","1",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room2","2",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room3","3",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room4","4",If(Dropdown4.Selected.Value="Room5","5")))))

I hope now your problem resolved. Give thumbs up for appreciate my reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,060)