Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SonjaK
Level: Powered On

How to set a toggle if a specific form is submitted

Hi,

I have one big list with 2-Information types - therfore I have establishe two forms where based on the typ the necessary fields are available. What I now want to establish is that in the view screen the app knows which form should be displayed. My idea was that the one type "FYI" is getting automatically a Yes if the NEW-FYI Form gets submitted.

For more understanding: The user decides if he wants to enter a real issue or a FYI, by clicking on FYI he gets the FormFYI (same list but not so many fields). He fills out the info - submit fine. 

To be later on able to display in the one gallery the correct FYI-fields I have added a FYI-Field (Yes,No), and this field should be set to YES if the FormFYI gets submitted. Of course this could be done manual but we would like to have a fancy solutions.

If I need to use variables to achieve this, be so kind and provide detailed guidance - I dont know how to work with it.

Thanks you very much in advance!

Sonja

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to set a toggle if a specific form is submitted

Hi @SonjaK,

If you mean that you want users to have 2 different kinds of edit forms to edit according to what they need, then this need to be achieved using to 2 different forms on 2 screens. You might need a dropdown control included the options, and set the OnSelect property of the button control to:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes",Navigate( Screen1, ScreenTransition.None ),Navigate( Screen2, ScreenTransition.None ))

You could set the Default property of the textinut control of FYI field to "Yes" or "No" in the forms in 2 different screens so that the users do not need to fill manually.

Notice that both forms need to include all the required fields from SharePoint list. Or else you cannot submit the items successfully.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FredJ
Level: Powered On

Re: How to set a toggle if a specific form is submitted

Hi @SonjaK

On your FormFYI, I would have the FYI-field default set to true. You have to unlock the datacard to do it.

I would also set the datacard property Visible to false.

The user won't see the datacard, but when the form is submitted the value should be set to Yes in the database.

Hope this helps,

Frédéric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,310)