cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomasZubov
Level 8

How to set approval/rejection in flow from PowerApp

Hello,

I want to have Flow approval/rejection from PowerApp, but I cannot find how to do that.

I'm creating an item in Sharepoint from PowerApp and it starts Flow that includes approval process. User who should approve, receives notification from flow, notification contains link to PowerApp where user can see all the details of this item I do not want him to go back to notification. 

I would like to have in PowerApp same buttons as in notification with exactly the same functionality. In other words how to set approved/rejected from PowerApp so the related flow continues?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Mrsprofitt77
Level: Powered On

Re: How to set approval/rejection in flow from PowerApp

I would assume that you have some sort of status field in your data source? What type of data source are you using? You would just need to make the flow have another step after the approval to update the status in your data source that is tracking the approvals. Then you can change the appearance or function of your PowerApp based on that status in your data source. If you provide some more details about your app, I can try to give a more specific answer.

Mrsprofitt77

Also when I reread that, I noticed that you created a Flow from SharePoint. Is the Flow directly against SharePoint or in the PowerApp? If you put the flow directly in your PowerApp that might fix the problem all together. Again, a few more details would be helpful.

TomasZubov
Level 8

Yes, I have a status field in sharepoint which is updated in accordance to approval step result, by next Flow step.

Flow is triggered when new item is created in the Sharepoint list, but the item itself is created in PA. 

Everything works as I need, until I get to approval step in the flow.

1st way - Manager of the user gets a notification to mailbox and it is possible to approve it just by pressing button within the email and this part works fine and flow continues.

2nd way - the one I have trouble with - Once flow reaches the approval step, manager receives notification, but does not press button within the email, he is following link to see the item within the PA instead.

Now is manager in the PA and he wants to approve this item by pressing button within PA and does not want to go back to email... I can change everything in Sharepoint, but I do not know how to "say" to approval step in Flow "you are finished with result selected in PA" so flow can continue to next steps.

TomasZubov
Level 8

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Adding @Audrie-MSFT to help here

nihar

I have the exact business requirements. Waiting eagerly for the solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. I need to be able to approve from the email or from PowerApp and inform the flow the answer in order to continue with the flow steps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,947)