cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desaich

How to set dropdown values in PowerApps form

I am using simple PowerApps form having "Status" Dropdown (not a combo box). It has value - High, Medium, Low. I would like to SET VALUE of this dropdown based on the calculation of another textbox. e.g. if textbox has value between 1-10, then set Status as "Low". 11-50, then set to "Medium" else "High". I am not getting a way how to do this. Kindly support. thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex, configuring your formula in Items property of dropdown made only that item to be part of the dropdown value and other values are gone. Hence, I tried your formula in DefaultSelectedItem property of dropdown and it worked like a charm. thx for your time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_Security
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @desaich,

the below should work for you: where Label2.text is where your number field is.

If(Value(Label2.Text)<10,["Low"],If(Value(Label2.Text)<50,["Medium"],["high"]))

if the below answers your question, feel free to mark it as a solution!

thanks Alex for your reply. Which property of dropdown I should be putting this formula?

Alex_Security
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @desaich 

apologies its the items property 🙂 

Hi Alex, configuring your formula in Items property of dropdown made only that item to be part of the dropdown value and other values are gone. Hence, I tried your formula in DefaultSelectedItem property of dropdown and it worked like a charm. thx for your time.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,329)