cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aakashpatel6600
Frequent Visitor

How to set up a button when user submit the data it should save it to sharepoint list.

Hello

I am working on a survey app and app is connected to sharepoint and i am trying to figure it out that when user select all the fields and when it click on button it should save all the data in sharepoint. I tried using SubmitForm(EditForm) but still is not working. i have attached the picture of my application.

I tried using two different way, First input button into new datacard and also without data card, but still its not working.

10 REPLIES 10
wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I may be misunderstanding but it seems you are using SubmitForm(EditForm) as the code for the OnSelect property of the button, yes? If so, the "Edit Form" portion is the problem. You need the name of your form, which from the pictures you posted seems to be SharePointForm1. Try:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

I tried that form and when i select all the field and click on submit button its not saveing that data into Sharepoint list.

What are the values for your form?

DataSource? 

Item?

Do you have a button that is doing NewForm(SharePointForm1)?

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

It is from datasource. I added sharepoint in my datasource. For button i tried submitform(sharepointform1), but still its not working.

1. Add a button that says "Create new Form" for OnSelect put NewForm(SharePointForm1)
  2. Add a button that says "Save to SharePoint" for OnSelect put SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Click button 1, fill out the form, click button 2

Does that work?

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

I created the new Datacard and insert the button under the datacard. I have attached the picture. Please take a look at this picture.

Thank you

How about go to your SharePoint list and click the PowerApps button. Then choose Create an App. 

Then PowerAPps will make it all for you. And you can customize it as you need. 

Yes, I tried that on ebut the button is on the top and it is not letting me to customized some form which i want so i choose the customized form and created the app.

Check to make sure you have in the proper "Update" on the card. Also, the default mode of your form should be Edit with the other items you are using. If it is creating a new item on your sharepoint list it needs to be New and instead of EditForm(frmName) it would be NewForm(frmName).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,417)