cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: How to set up email notification after a user uploads a file from Power Apps to SharePoint Document Library?

@WarrenBelz  I forgot to add and test the button you suggested. I just did and I did get a test email.

The error is from Send Email. See the screenshot below.

EmailError.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: How to set up email notification after a user uploads a file from Power Apps to SharePoint Document Library?

@ppei ,

I meant the mail using the PowerApps connector

Also in PowerApps, choose View > Data Sources and type Office in the search bar. You should see Office365Outlook.

Choose this and connect.

Then put in a button and put this in the OnSelect (replace with your email address) press it and see if you get the email.

Office365Outlook.SendEmail("youremailaddress","Test Subject","Test Body")

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ppei ,

Update - if you look at this post, you may need to use Save As on the Flow and then connect the new one - apparently Flow at times does not like new connectors after it has been written. This post contains information on how to fix it.

Still try the other one though.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@WarrenBelz Thank you for your suggestion and information. I'll try tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help! Have a good night!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

No problem @ppei ,

Actually Friday afternoon 12:30pm here in Oz

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@WarrenBelz Where is Oz? I made a new Flow and connected to my app, but now I could not use it (see the screenshot below). My script has two arguments (Last(AttachmentControl.Attachments).Name and varBase64only). Should I add Office365Outlook.SendEmail to the script? What argument should I put inside ()?

Argument.JPG

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@WarrenBelz  I have found a solution that works for me. I just found out that I can use the following commands (snip below) directly in original script. I must thank you for your suggestion to add Office365Outlook data source and use SendEmail command. This works for me, but it's a little hard to write a long well-formed email. So there are definitely some better solutions. Welcome to post here.

Pei

SendMailCommand.JPG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ppei ,

That was actually my post a couple of items back. You might consider accepting this as a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@WarrenBelz Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,124)