cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sra1
Frequent Visitor

How to share Canvas app with external users?

Hello..!

I need to share my canvas app with external users.
I tired to add user in my organization using AAD and share the app with external.
But external user got an error: "You don't have valid Power Apps Plan. To access you must have a Power Apps Plan assigned to you by organization or the organization in which you're a guest."
For that which type of license is required? please suggest me how it can be fix.

Please drop your suggestions. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
timl
Super User
Super User

@Sra1 

On the basis that you've added your external user as a guest user in AAD, the licensing requirement depends on the data source of your app.

There are more details in the documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-guests

timl_0-1660811656072.png

goel_gagandeep
Resolver I
Resolver I

hi @Sra1 , Please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-guests on this link , I hope It will help you.

Sra1
Frequent Visitor

@timl @goel_gagandeep  Can I go for PowerApps pay-as-you-go plan in azure subscriptions? 
is it works for sharing with external users?

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@Sra1 Yes this is possible. They would not need any licenses

Issues and FAQs about pay-as-you-go plans - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User
Super User

@Sra1 

Did @PowerRanger answer your question about pay-as-you-go (specifically this part of the faq)?

timl_0-1661341084974.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,786)