cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sokon
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

How to share a canvas app with a group of people?

How can I share a canvas app with a group of people using any kind of AAD group instead of having to add each person individually?

I tried this:

- AAD security group (mail-enabled or not): It is possible to search and and select such a group and click on share. However, the app is not availlable to the users in that group. Doesn't matter if the "co-owner" option is checken or not.

- Modern/O365-Groups won't even show up in the search field.

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @EricaBao ,

Can I ask something here?

I believed that Environment Makers need a per user licence whereas most users will have standard O365.

Are you saying you cannot share unless they have this?

EricaBao
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Sokon,

Yes seems so, I did some test in myside and could repro the issue.

After sharing the app, it is not visible for others which will mislead us to think that the sharing has failed. However, if you share the app url to the users, you will find that they are able to access the app directly via the url, without any permission error. So seems there just some delay in UI.

I am not sure what have caused the delay. If you would love the understand the root cause, I would suggest you submit a support ticket asking for a confirmation if this is a known issue or bug.

Erica

View solution in original post

Hi @EricaBao,

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm not crazy after all.

The hint to give users the URL instead of telling them to look for the app in the UI is great and will work well in my scenario. 

Thanks for you help!

I have the exact same challenge. I have an M365 group that never appeared in the list of users to share the app with. I then made the M365 group security enabled. It then became discoverable so I was able to assign the M365 group as a user of the PowerApp. I then added the link to the PowerApp as a tab in Teams, however the owners of the M365 group were not able to access the app. Said it wasn't shared with them. When I onsie-twosie permission the owners as users of the PowerApp, they can access, but not as owners of the security enabled M365 group. So something appears to be up with security enabled M365 groups. Were you able to find a resolution or are you using the security enabled AD group? That certainly is an option for us, but why maintain two groups with the same membership?

@AnnetteM ,

I use security-enabled groups and share both the app and the data source (SharePoint) with the relevant group and have never had any issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,214)