Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arushi_chitran1
Frequent Visitor

How to show GIF Images from sharepoint list to powerapps gallery

Hello Everyone,

I have a query in GIF images.

Requirement: I have a SharePoint list named "TestList" where I have an image type column named "GIF" and I have multiple GIF images for a single category like for a birthday I have 4 gif images for the anniversary I have 6 GIF images, I have uploaded GIF images. Now the user will select one category either Birthday or Anniversary and accordingly, all those GIF images should display in the powerapps gallery, and from there the user will select one GIF. 

Issue: When I am calling that image column from sharepoint list it is showing those GIF images as a static Image not as moving images like GIF used to be.

Please provide me some solutions in this.

@powerapps 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arushi_chitran1 ,

I did a test and found that it will not move if you store them in image field. This looks like it's a 'limitation'.

So I suggest that you could try to store them in attachment field rather than image field.

Its benefits -

1\ Can store some images in one row

2\ Can see the gif in powerapps

vxiaochenmsft_0-1662436034339.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arushi_chitran1 ,

I did a test and found that it will not move if you store them in image field. This looks like it's a 'limitation'.

So I suggest that you could try to store them in attachment field rather than image field.

Its benefits -

1\ Can store some images in one row

2\ Can see the gif in powerapps

vxiaochenmsft_0-1662436034339.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,832)