cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blinabj
Helper II
Helper II

How to store Excel values in a Collection (or something similar)

Hi,

I want to store Excel values in a Collection in Power Apps, so that I can update/remove the data and easily push it to a Power Automate flow with only one button click. How can I create a Collection out of this Excel table that I have uploaded in Power Apps? It is important that it is dynamic.

Data from Excel.png

Really appreciate the help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blinabj ,

Please try:

upload the excel file to a cloud-storage account, such as OneDrive.

1. In the canvas app(PowerApps studio), select connect to data.
  2. In the Data pane, select the connection for your cloud-storage account if it appears. Otherwise, follow these steps to add a connection:
  3. Select New connection, select the tile for your cloud-storage account, and then select Create.
  4. If prompted, provide your credentials for that account.
  5. Under Choose an Excel file, type or paste the first letters of eventsignup to filter the list, and then select the file that you uploaded.
  6. Under Choose a table, select the checkbox for Schedule, and then select Connect.
  7. In the upper-right corner of the Data pane, close it by selecting the close icon (X).
  8. Add a button and set it's OnSelect property to:
ClearCollect(ACollection,TableName)

9.Select the button

I think this link will help you a lot:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/get-started-create-from-blank

Best Regards,
Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blinabj ,

Please try:

upload the excel file to a cloud-storage account, such as OneDrive.

1. In the canvas app(PowerApps studio), select connect to data.
  2. In the Data pane, select the connection for your cloud-storage account if it appears. Otherwise, follow these steps to add a connection:
  3. Select New connection, select the tile for your cloud-storage account, and then select Create.
  4. If prompted, provide your credentials for that account.
  5. Under Choose an Excel file, type or paste the first letters of eventsignup to filter the list, and then select the file that you uploaded.
  6. Under Choose a table, select the checkbox for Schedule, and then select Connect.
  7. In the upper-right corner of the Data pane, close it by selecting the close icon (X).
  8. Add a button and set it's OnSelect property to:
ClearCollect(ACollection,TableName)

9.Select the button

I think this link will help you a lot:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/get-started-create-from-blank

Best Regards,
Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,695)