cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to store data in SQL as well as Sharepoint Excel?

Hello;

I'm new to power apps here and I've been assigned an automation task that I'm trying to solve.

So my company uses a poweapps application to store data in an azure database. There is this form where the revenue per client and per month/year is entered manually and submitted to the database.

Meanwhile the company disposes of a Sharepoint excel file where there's so much data/sheets including a specific table of clients in rows, month/year in columns and revenues in cells.

So each time a revenue is stored in the database by a user A, it has to be stored in the excel file as well by a user B.

So I've been asked to automate this process, and synchronise the revenue from power apps to the excel file in Sharepoint. Once user A submits the form, the new value must be stored in the database and the excel file as well.

Can someone guide please? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to store data in SQL as well as Sharepoint Excel?

Hi @Anonymous 

For this type of task, I would consider using Flow instead of doing this directly with PowerApps.

http://flow.microsoft.com/

With Flow, you can build this type of workflow graphically, so it's simple to use.

image.png

For Excel documents stored in SharePoint, you can use the Excel Online Business connector. This connector isn't fully supported in PowerApps, so Flow is a better way to go IMO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to store data in SQL as well as Sharepoint Excel?

Hi @Anonymous 

For this type of task, I would consider using Flow instead of doing this directly with PowerApps.

http://flow.microsoft.com/

With Flow, you can build this type of workflow graphically, so it's simple to use.

image.png

For Excel documents stored in SharePoint, you can use the Excel Online Business connector. This connector isn't fully supported in PowerApps, so Flow is a better way to go IMO.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,836)