cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store, submit and edit images in SharePoint lists from PowerApps forms?

Hello. I am totally new to SharePoint and deal with it just since today.

Before this point I used Excel file as storage for my application. Everything was easy. All I needed is to name column as Photo[image]. Then PowerApps somehow solved all problems for me (it created folder named same as my xlsx file, all images which I submit from forms was automagically placed there, while cell value was automagically assigned like that .\test_images_images\12df9885b5fd40f6915658469aa335d7.jpg). I was happy with it.

Now I need to migrate all my tables to SharePoint. I do so, but it broke images processing.

First of all, when I imported tables from xlsx I made same columns with Image type, but for weird reason PowerApps didn't see this column in available fields for object (ThisItem.Photo).

Then I read in some thread here that I need to change column type to Hyperlink or Image. I did so, but when I try to upload image from PowerApps, an error popups saying Photo column must be created by server and cannot be specified (sorry, I translated this error from my common language as beast as I could). That's totally mind blowing. What I need to do to submit some image made by phone camera from form?

When I try to edit already existing record with empty Photo column, and choosing new photo, an error popups saying This column is read only and cannot be changed.

What to do?.. I want something similar to Excel file logic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @KosmoRei ,

I have done a blog on SharePoint Images storage and viewing. Happy to elaborate further if anything suits your needs.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @KosmoRei ,

I have done a blog on SharePoint Images storage and viewing. Happy to elaborate further if anything suits your needs.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,895)