cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexMcomm
Frequent Visitor

How to submit form without resetting to first record?

When I check a box I have it set to submit the form. I would like to check multiple boxes with submit form option. Thus it is imperative the form reverts to the record it was initially on, not the first record.

I have on success of the form set to false, but the record still resets to the first record.

Is this a glitch? What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to submit form without resetting to first record?

@AlexMcomm 

If you are not using a gallery to navigate to a record just skip step #1 and do only steps #2 & 3.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@AlexMcomm 

Assuming you navigated to the form using a gallery put this code in the OnSelect property of your gallery.

Set(currentID, Gallery1.Selected.ID);
Navigate(your_form_screen, None);

Put this code in the Item property of your form to make it show the current record.

LookUp(your_datasource, ID = currentID)

Finally, put this code in the OnSuccess property of your form to tell it what record to show and then reset the form.

Set(currentID, Form1.LastSubmit.ID);
ResetForm(Form1);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

AlexMcomm
Frequent Visitor

I am not using a gallery to represent my data. Just a form.

Super User
Super User

@AlexMcomm 

If you are not using a gallery to navigate to a record just skip step #1 and do only steps #2 & 3.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,373)