cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJGreyling
Helper III
Helper III

How to submit multiple lines of data (some are text, some are numbers) from gallery to MS Word Document?

Good day,

I am able to get the string(text) values from the collection to the word doc but not the numbers in the collection.
I tried converting the numbers to text before submitting it to the collection (text(variable.text)) but that does not work either.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MJGreyling ,

Based on your description, i have made a simple test but it seems works fine on my side.

1.Here is my Flow.

vyujincuimsft_0-1657787726801.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1657787789436.png

2. Here is my App.

vyujincuimsft_2-1657787884626.png

Result Screenshot:

vyujincuimsft_3-1657787958997.png

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
phipps0218
Super User
Super User

Text(variableName) will convert a number variable to a string. Are you saying this part is not working for you? Can you confirm whether the 'number' is still a number or string? I am then assuming you are using Power Automate to write to a word document?

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/phipps0218

MJGreyling
Helper III
Helper III

I initially thought the issue lies within powerapps but it isn't. It is coming from the flow itself. The data is pulled correct from powerapps to the flow. It goes through the relevant steps of the flow fine - it is just that whatever is a number in the collection, does not get added to the word document.
I can add a number to the word document from powerapps straight from a text label, just not from a collection. 

Can you show me the flow, I may be able to help...

MJGreyling_0-1657611129519.png

This is the complete flow. Not sure if there is anything specific you'd like to see?

Just thinking out loud here to try and help you. Have you tried converting the number in Power Automate before adding it to the word document rather than in Power Apps? I am assuming it is coming through correctly in your Parse JSON?

I have not seen this before so interested in helping you but also knowing the solution!

Yes I did. I tried changing the two problematic expressions to int(item()['xxxxxx']) but that did not work.

MJGreyling_0-1657681660426.png

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MJGreyling ,

Based on your description, i have made a simple test but it seems works fine on my side.

1.Here is my Flow.

vyujincuimsft_0-1657787726801.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1657787789436.png

2. Here is my App.

vyujincuimsft_2-1657787884626.png

Result Screenshot:

vyujincuimsft_3-1657787958997.png

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,076)