cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to test Model driven on mobile phone ?

Hi guys,

like the title, how to test my ModelDrivenApp on my mobile phone ? It's Android, btw. 

Usually for Canvas App, the apps already listed in PowerApps Mobile application and I just run it for test.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Axal 

To update Power Apps on an Android device, if you click your profile/name in the Play Store and select the 'Manage apps & device' menu item, there should be an 'updates available' menu that will update Power Apps if there's a newer version available.

One other reason why model driven apps don't appear in the app list is that by default, it shows apps that are in production environments only. 

If you click the 'head' icon in the top left part of the Power Apps player and select the 'show non production apps' menu item, your model driven apps will hopefully appear.

timl_0-1623704869913.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Axal 

You can test your model driven apps in the same way.

Your model driven apps will appear in the same apps list in the Android player.

You might need to update the Power Apps app on your Android device if you've not done so in the past few months.

Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @timl ,

May I ask how to update PowerApps app on Android device ? I didn't see place (button) to update, even in Play Store. However I did decided to uninstall and install again, I guess it will get the latest, but still I only see my Canvas App inside the list. 

Thanks,

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Axal 

To update Power Apps on an Android device, if you click your profile/name in the Play Store and select the 'Manage apps & device' menu item, there should be an 'updates available' menu that will update Power Apps if there's a newer version available.

One other reason why model driven apps don't appear in the app list is that by default, it shows apps that are in production environments only. 

If you click the 'head' icon in the top left part of the Power Apps player and select the 'show non production apps' menu item, your model driven apps will hopefully appear.

timl_0-1623704869913.png

View solution in original post

Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @timl 

Indeed it is because Non-production flag things.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,144)