Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to transpose a sharepoint list in a data table in powerapps

Hello,

I have a single row where i have all 11 -12 team members names in different columns - now i want to access this sharepoint list in a data table in powerapps but i want to have all these team members names in a single column -how to achievethis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to transpose a sharepoint list in a data table in powerapps

@rupa1 

One possibility is to combine the columns into a semicolon separated string and then use the Split function to Split them on the semicolons into a Collection.  Then use the collection as the source for your DataTable.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@rupa1 

One possibility is to combine the columns into a semicolon separated string and then use the Split function to Split them on the semicolons into a Collection.  Then use the collection as the source for your DataTable.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rupa1 ,

Do you want to display multiple columns data in one column and display data in a data table?

Could you tell me:

1)those fields' data type?

2)if those fields are person type, whether those allow multiple value?

I suggest you use AddColumns function to add a new column with multiple fields' data.

1)If those fields are text type, you could set the data table's Items like this:

AddColumns(tablename,"newcolumn",field1&","&field2&","&field3&","&field4....)

2)If those fields are person type and not allow multiple value, you could set the data table's Items like this:

AddColumns(tablename,"newcolumn",field1.DisplayName&","&field2.DisplayName&","&field3.DisplayName&","&field4.DisplayName....)

3)If those fields are person type and  allow multiple value, you could set the data table's Items like this:

AddColumns(tablename,"newcolumn",Concat(field1,DisplayName&",")&","&Concat(field2,DisplayName&",")&","&Concat(field3,DisplayName&",")&","&Concat(field4,DisplayName&",")...
)

Then the new added column will contain multiple columns data.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for the help but my requirement is to transpose the table from row to column it and not add column with comma separated names. Example - I have two rows with 11 columns( team member names) - I need to have 11 rows with 1 column as team member.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@rupa1 

So, as I mentioned in my previous response, you can consider to combine the columns and then Split them into a table.

Ex.  You have columns called Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4 (yes, I know you have more, but to be brief and sight an example, we'll go with just 4)

ClearCollect(
    NameCollection,
    Split(yourRecord.Name1 & ";" & yourRecord.Name2 & ";" & yourRecord.Name3 & ";" & yourRecord.Name4, ";")
)

This will give you a Table called NameCollection that will have one column called Result that will have 4 rows in it.

If you'd like to rename the column to something else more meaningful (like TeamMember), you can do this:

ClearCollect(
    NameCollection,
    RenameColumns(
        Split(yourRecord.Name1 & ";" & yourRecord.Name2 & ";" & yourRecord.Name3 & ";" & yourRecord.Name4, ";"),
        "Result", "TeamMember"
    )
)
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

hello I am getting stuck in split option

1. I have created a concatenated column by using the ADDCOLUMN function- the column name as Team_member1_Column1( all names are now concatenated separated by comma (,)) 

2. when I am trying to create a collection only storing the contents in the Team_member1_Column1- this is not working 😞

ClearCollect(collection_name,Team_member1_Column1.FieldDisplayName,",")- please help as I am very new to powerapps

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

hi, 

i wanted to implement the same logic but i am failing to get the record name - i am storing the data in a concatenated column as Team_member1_Column1 and when i am trying to pull the contents of this column in a collection -its not working. please help.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

yes ..it finally worked

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,919)