cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcoombe
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to use PDF viewer in conjunction with Attachments (via a powerapps form)

Hi Everyone

I have a simple form built in powerapps utilising the Attachments function. I would like to be able to preview the pdf attached to the form but cannot work out how. I appreciate I need to apply a url to the 'Document' section, but I have no idea what the URL would be that sits behind the pdf supplied to the attachment. Does anyone know if it is possible to use PDF viewer in conjunction with form (built from a list not a document library) attachments card.

many thanks 

Phil 

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @pcoombe 

Covered it briefly in this video https://youtu.be/EACk5jlQ_jU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi Reza

A couple points I am a little lost on. where in the form are you showing the OnSelect formula?  (20:22 mins into your video). This is not against the attachment field. 

I assume I can simply lift that formula SET.... and apply the exact same formula to my form (whereever the Onselect command is) as long as I apply the value of VarPdfitem.value in the document section of the PDF viewer? 

many thanks in advance

phil 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (975)