cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coopedup
Resolver II
Resolver II

How would you! Identify a field has been changed to a specific value and been saved to source

Hi all,

Not sure what my problem is today, possibly over thinking this!

I have a combo box field that when Closed is selected and is saved, I want to patch and track that in a comments box (with some specific details).

OnChange is fine, but if a user doesn't save it or then goes back to a different status then the update shouldn't happen.  I also thought about OnSucess of form submit to check the status, but I'd need to compare to the original value to know it was changed!

What would you recommend?

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Coopedup 

Your easiest path would be the OnSuccess.  As you mention, simply compare the original value with the LastSubmit value of the form.  If different, then do what you need.

If what you need to do is to the same datasource, then you can do that within the form itself much easier.  In other word, if the Comments that you want to append to is part of that same record, then just consider the Update property of the Comments datacard in your form to do it.

Ex.

Comments Update property:

If(ThisItem.fieldForCombobox <> yourCombobox.Selected.Value,
   ThisItem.Comments & "some new comments",
   ThisItem.Comments
)

I hope this is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,040)