cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aishayeoh
Helper III
Helper III

Hung on "Getting your data..."

Hi, so I am still trying to create my new editable form. The form is supposed to be very simple - display Project ID, Project Name, and then have an editable field called "Project Notes". So I add these 3 fields to my PowerApp after inserting it inside my PowerBI report. (Note: the 3 fields are from a SQL table). Then it takes me to the PA studio where I create the new App connecting to the SQL database. I add the same 3 fields as the app inside PowerBI, however, there are only the Browse and Detail screens, no Edit screen, so I create an Edit screen, with these 3 fields. But after I published it, and then used it to serve as the App in my PBI report, instead of displaying the data for the 3 fields, it gets hung on "Getting your data...". What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aishayeoh
Helper III
Helper III

I found the solution in this forum: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/forums/how-to-solve-the-getting-your-data-error-message-in-powerapps.

Basically, select the edit form "Select EditForm and choose Items in property dropdown. Then pass the value
First(Filter('Your Data Source',ID > 0))".

That worked as far as resolving the hanging error: "Getting your Data".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @aishayeoh 

I have no experience with BI but if you have a Sql table with an ID field that is an autonumber, an two text fields that are ProjectName and ProjectNotes,  as a quick trial.  I would start at the Home page on Make.Powerapps.Com and choose the option on the right, "Start from a SQL datasource" and let it create your app for you.  See if you can add or modify data on the edit screen. 

aishayeoh
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks. That is what I have been doing, but still getting the hung on error message. ☹️ I am hoping someone in this forum/community who is experienced in creating power apps from SQL datasource can help advise! I really appreciate your trying to help me~

aishayeoh
Helper III
Helper III

I found the solution in this forum: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/forums/how-to-solve-the-getting-your-data-error-message-in-powerapps.

Basically, select the edit form "Select EditForm and choose Items in property dropdown. Then pass the value
First(Filter('Your Data Source',ID > 0))".

That worked as far as resolving the hanging error: "Getting your Data".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,941)