cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbmonte
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink Datatable to Gallery

I set up a datatable on one page, and created hyperlinks on the first column, I want to be able to go to the detail page of that row. I was able to do that but when there's multiple options to pick from they do not link to the right page/data point. Screenshot 2022-06-30 095623.pngScreenshot 2022-06-30 095652.png

10 REPLIES 10
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jbmonte can you elaborate when you say.. multiple options?

jbmonte
Frequent Visitor

For one project there can be multiple entries that each have different values like seen in the pictures, same project different entries. I want to be able to click on a specific row and show me the details of that row like seen below. The issue is that when there is multiple entries for one project, regardless of what row you click it will take you to the same detail form for each, which is not what I want it to do. Screenshot 2022-06-30 112654.png

Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jbmonte I guess you are showing details using form control right?.. what is the Item property for DisplayForm control

jbmonte
Frequent Visitor

it is BrowseGallery1.Selected

Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jbmonte what is the Form' DataSource ? is it project or some other entity/table?

jbmonte
Frequent Visitor

the datasource is a sharepoint list, the datatable and the form both pull from the same datasource. 

Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jbmonte 
Project Gallery BrowseGallery1 /
OnSelect: Set(gblSelected, ThisItem); Navigate('Your Project Display Screen')

IMP: Make sure any control you have inside gallery.. it's OnSelect Property is set to Select(Parent) so that if anyone clicks on any of the label/text/image.. the record is selected..

Project Display Screen

OnHidden: Set(gblSelectedProject, Blank())

Project Display Form' Item : gblSelectedProject

Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jbmonte I have updated my reply above... check if it works

jbmonte
Frequent Visitor

It still created the same issue like before where it would still display the wrong information, but now theres a chance for a blank screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,083)