cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwsmith43
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink from Google Sheet

Hello,

I have a Google sheet that is connected to my app with a gallery and a Form.

The idea of the app is when a user searches for an item that is in my list, it will provide details based on my data columns in Google Sheets. That part works fine. In the Details of the item, one of my columns from my sheet is a hyperlink that will take you to the webpage that contains more information to purchase that item. The data is getting pulled correctly based on the item the user has selected, but the link displays as text, not as a hyperlink. I have read some suggestions but not having any luck.

How can I make the hyperlink work when the user selects the link inside the form. The form is a FormViewer not edit as I do not want others to make changes. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@cwsmith43there are many details to be gained...but, let's take a crack at this.

If that column in your sheet always is a Hyperlink, then you can do a couple of things depending on what works best for you.

1) Simply add a Button to open the Hyperlink

You can add the button and then in the OnSelect action, set it to Launch(ThisItem.YourColumnName)

2) Replace the TextBox control with an HTML Text Control.

Set the HtmlText property to "<a href='" & ThisItem.YouColumnName & "'>Open Link</a>"

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@cwsmith43there are many details to be gained...but, let's take a crack at this.

If that column in your sheet always is a Hyperlink, then you can do a couple of things depending on what works best for you.

1) Simply add a Button to open the Hyperlink

You can add the button and then in the OnSelect action, set it to Launch(ThisItem.YourColumnName)

2) Replace the TextBox control with an HTML Text Control.

Set the HtmlText property to "<a href='" & ThisItem.YouColumnName & "'>Open Link</a>"

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

AWESOME!!!!!!

I was able to make option 1 work with the button. The one tweak I had to make was to select the specific field that I wanted the hyperlink to work and then add the button. That made the button always appear in the field as needed. I then used the Launch(ThisItem.Name) and it works!!!

Was so simple and makes sense once you think about it. I tried the button but I had it outside the form details before.

Thanks again!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,200)