cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tibbias
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink to app and set values in text field

Im looking for a way to use a hyperlink to my app and get it to auto populate a text field in the app.

I have tried to add the information in the link but have not succeeded yet. Is there a solution to this? 

This is basicly what i try to achive:

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/{appid}?textboxinapp="test text"

My end goal is to use a third party scanner app to hyperlink via QR code in to the app and inject a text or value in to a text field.

Right now the scanning funktion in power apps can't handle the smal sizes of codes I'm testing.

Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Super User
Super User

In place of the control name have a variable as a parameter in the URL and in the textbox's property if that variable has that value only then populate it.

Use Param function as shown here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VJR
Super User
Super User

In place of the control name have a variable as a parameter in the URL and in the textbox's property if that variable has that value only then populate it.

Use Param function as shown here.

Tibbias
Frequent Visitor

I checked the video and come to the conclusion that he talkt about the same stuff i found on Google. So i watched it several times until i under stood the logic behind the Param funktion. 

The example in the video was more complex than what i tried to achieve.

I ended up whit this formula in my text field: 

If(IsBlank(Param("ID"));scanValue;Param("ID"))

That way i can still inject the values with the standard scanner funktion in Power Apps trough the "scanValue" variable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,209)