cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tibbias
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink to app and set values in text field

Im looking for a way to use a hyperlink to my app and get it to auto populate a text field in the app.

I have tried to add the information in the link but have not succeeded yet. Is there a solution to this? 

This is basicly what i try to achive:

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/{appid}?textboxinapp="test text"

My end goal is to use a third party scanner app to hyperlink via QR code in to the app and inject a text or value in to a text field.

Right now the scanning funktion in power apps can't handle the smal sizes of codes I'm testing.

Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Super User
Super User

In place of the control name have a variable as a parameter in the URL and in the textbox's property if that variable has that value only then populate it.

Use Param function as shown here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VJR
Super User
Super User

In place of the control name have a variable as a parameter in the URL and in the textbox's property if that variable has that value only then populate it.

Use Param function as shown here.

Tibbias
Frequent Visitor

I checked the video and come to the conclusion that he talkt about the same stuff i found on Google. So i watched it several times until i under stood the logic behind the Param funktion. 

The example in the video was more complex than what i tried to achieve.

I ended up whit this formula in my text field: 

If(IsBlank(Param("ID"));scanValue;Param("ID"))

That way i can still inject the values with the standard scanner funktion in Power Apps trough the "scanValue" variable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,750)