cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink within email change to text

I am trying to create an email that launches from Power Apps and I want to add a hyperlink that will return the user to the app, however the hyperlink looks messy within the body of the email.  I would like to change the hyperlink to the app to say 'here'.  Can anyone help me with this.  I am a complete and utter newbie to Power Apps and I am self taught so hoping the solution is a fairly simple one. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Hyperlink within email change to text

Hi @SaraW1987 ,

The previous solution will work, however I went on a bit of exploring with sending HTML directly from the Office365Outlook connector.

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("wxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com","Testing HTML Link","To upload your document open the app: <a href='https:apps.powerapps.com/play/ . . .' > here </a> 
 find your board slot  . . . ")

and got back an email as below - the hyperlink worked fine.

HTMLEmail.png 

I think you only need to get this bit between quotes "" in the concatenation at it should work perfectly as above.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SaraW1987 ,

Insert this in your HTML code

<a href="https://apps.powerapps.com/play/ . . ."> here </a>

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have already written the start of the code that will send the email and I can get it to do that without a hitch but when I attach the hyperlink into the body of the email it looks messy, I would like the hyperlink to go onto the end of this code.  my hyperlink will be the URL for my Power App, but I want it to say 'here' instead of the whole URL. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SaraW1987 ,

It can still be sent as HTML so on the end

"To upload your document open the app: <a href='"  & 
<PowerApps Url> &
"' > here </a> find your board slot  . . . "

Note the single quotes inside the doubles. HTML interprets both the same and the URL need to be enclosed in quotes. PowerApps Concatenate will strip the doubles, so you are sending

To upload your document open the app: <a href='https:apps.powerapps.com/play/ . . .' > here </a> 
 find your board slot  . . . 

to the email, which should render a hyperlink under the word "here"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

so far so good with that, however I am getting the red squiggle under https:

Told you I was a newbie 😉

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Can you please send me a screenshot of the code?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have sent something over to you. Thanks for helping.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SaraW1987 ,

I missed the possibility you were hard-coding the PowerApps URL - this is far less complex - just add the bit from the second code - no concatenation needed. The URL just need to be in single quotes to work in HTML

To upload your document open the app: <a href='https:apps.powerapps.com/play/ . . .' > here </a> 
 find your board slot  . . . 

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It no longer has any errors but it has pulled everything I wrote to the email.  The email text that came through is below.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SaraW1987 ,

You need to concatenate the last bit in quotes - put some quotes before To open your document and after slot

To stop second-guessing myself, I have just loaded the exact code into a blank HTML boxHTMLInput.png

And the output was (and the hyperlink worked, but obviously the URL was invalid)

HTMLScreen.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,564)