cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfbusa
Helper I
Helper I

I Hired a Developer and the project is complete. I asked for the code.

When the project was over, I asked the developer for the code. His response was - There is no such files for code but i will send you an package of this PowerApp so you can take as Backup. Is this the case or is their code he can give me? My fear is that in a year from now, he's no longer working and I want to hire someone to upgrade it and I don't have access. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @rfbusa 

The package should contain your app and any associated code (for example, any formulas that are associated with controls on screens).

Also, are you able to edit your app in the editor? If you're able to do this, you have all the access that you need to modify your app or to pass it to another developer.

I would recommend that you try to import this package to verify that it contains the up-to-date app that you expect. You could do this in the developer environment that you get through the community edition of Power Apps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @rfbusa 

The package should contain your app and any associated code (for example, any formulas that are associated with controls on screens).

Also, are you able to edit your app in the editor? If you're able to do this, you have all the access that you need to modify your app or to pass it to another developer.

I would recommend that you try to import this package to verify that it contains the up-to-date app that you expect. You could do this in the developer environment that you get through the community edition of Power Apps.

View solution in original post

rfbusa
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,216)