cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Removed all premium connections, licence designation still says "Premium Licence"

Hi, I created a powerapp using the premium SQL connector as we had an SQL database in Azure. Since finding out that all users need a premium licence to access the app, I switched it over to a SharePoint list and deleted all the Premium connectors. 

However, on the info page, the Power App still has the designation of "Premium" even though the same screens shows no premium connectors.

How do I change this?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've figured out the problem, although it's not clear based on the interface.

I was using a PowerAutomate Flow, which was using a premium Word connector. Which is why the app was designated as having a Premium licence. I made the part of the app that uses the flow a separate app and linked to it from from the first app. 30 people use the first app, 3 people use the second. So I only need three premium licences now, and not 30!

Now, just to work out how to get a powerapp to create word document without the word connector!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

can you give a screen shot

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MikePearce_1-1594175863967.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've figured out the problem, although it's not clear based on the interface.

I was using a PowerAutomate Flow, which was using a premium Word connector. Which is why the app was designated as having a Premium licence. I made the part of the app that uses the flow a separate app and linked to it from from the first app. 30 people use the first app, 3 people use the second. So I only need three premium licences now, and not 30!

Now, just to work out how to get a powerapp to create word document without the word connector!

View solution in original post

@Anonymous 

Take a look at the PlumSail Documents connector for your Word documents. 

PlumSail is a subscription service, but they have much more affordable pricing compared to having premium licenses for PowerApps for premium connectors.  Plus, I find it has a tremendous amount more functionality.

Just adding my $0.02

Hope it's helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
gaborszollosy
Helper I
Helper I

Try publishing the new version after you removed the premium connector(s) and see if that solves it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,320)