cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Level 8

I WANNA REMOVE THIS "HINTTEXT" FROM THE DATACARD

CAN  I REMOVE THIS "HINTTEXT" FROM DATA CARD? 

Sem título.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: I WANNA REMOVE THIS "HINTTEXT" FROM THE DATACARD

The default day will not save that information until you submit the form. It is just defaulting to the current date when you set that but you will have to submit the form for it actually store that information. Don't use that if it is an edit form, only new.

You will need to do an if statement if its an edit form that says if there is none show todays date otherwise show the date that has been selected. 

For the box option you just make a box with white fill that is the same size as that and set the Visible property of it to If(IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),true, false)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SKH19
Level 10

Tell me about it, I've had customers make the same complaint to me, but unfortunately there is no way to change the hint text for a date picker at this time.

I recommend setting the default value for the date picker to be Today(), then at least the hint text be a little better.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

That looks like the label...probably called DataCardKey. You can just delete it. When you do you will get an error but it is just because the date box is looking for its location from it. Just take the date box and drag it to a different location and the error will go away.

Gorilla_8
Level 8

you mean this? 

Sem título.png

SKH19
Level 10

Yup, or up here:

Annotation 2019-12-03 153745.png

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

No..other side.

Like this

Capture2.JPG

Gorilla_8
Level 8

If i change the defaultdate, he dont save 

Super User
Super User

Oh..my bad...you mean that date showing. 

You can't remove that..it is there. You can set a default date as suggested to something different or you can do a few tricks to make it appear to not show like a white box over that shows when no value is selected and is hidden when it is but no regular way to make that not show that I know of.

Gorilla_8
Level 8

could be work... how am i doing this?

Super User
Super User

The default day will not save that information until you submit the form. It is just defaulting to the current date when you set that but you will have to submit the form for it actually store that information. Don't use that if it is an edit form, only new.

You will need to do an if statement if its an edit form that says if there is none show todays date otherwise show the date that has been selected. 

For the box option you just make a box with white fill that is the same size as that and set the Visible property of it to If(IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),true, false)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,006)