cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't download the local development app, with my existing account (i am an admin)

I go to the microsoft staore to download the local app, it will not accept my current login, and would rather not use a personal account.

Why do I need to log in for a "free application" is silly but i should be able to use my work account.

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share more details about the local app that you mentioned? Is it the PowerApps Studio for Windows?

I suppose that you want to download PowerApps Studio for Windows on your side, is it true?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the account that you provided within the Microsoft Store for downloading the PowerApps Studio for Windows is a valid Office account.

Please also take a try to re-start your computer, and then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, I think it is not necessary to download the PowerApps Studio for Windows on your computer device. Currently, we could not create or edit an app within PowerApps Studio for Windows. When creating or editing an app within PowerApps Studio for Windows, it would be redirected to PowerApps for web for creating or editing.

Please take a try to create or edit (or share, etc) an app within PowerApps Studio for web instead of PowerApps Studio for Windows.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,619)