cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

I cannot assign Navigation functions to the gallery except the top row.

Hello All,

Currently I am trying to build a page that allows users to scroll through the gallery and select their group to show their custom page.  For some reason I can only click on the top row to assign navigation.  All other rows don't allow me to click the button to assign the task. When I try to click on a lower arrow to assign navigation my click highlights the entire gallery around the outside. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ag12 

You cannot assign different functions in the icon in the gallery.  However, you can use a Switch() function to go to different screens based on some value in the record being selected.  The value being chosen for the condition does not have to be visible in the gallery.  So the OnSelect of the icon can be

Switch(ThisItem.Status, "Open", Navigate(Screen1,None),"Closed",Navigate(Screen2,None),"InReview", Navigate(Screen3,None)) 

Then, depending on information in the record chosen in the gallery, a different screen can be opened.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ag12 

Test the gallery in Run mode. (F5) or hold down the "Alt" key and try to click on an item in the gallery.

In run mode the top row (which is assigned operates properly).  Also, the other arrows display an outline when I hover over them but they do not do anything when clicked.  Which I suppose makes sense because the aren't assigned to do anything OnSelect. But I cannot because I cannot click them in edit mode.

Super User
Super User

You can also hold down the Alt key. That will allow you to interact with components as they would when you were "playing" the app.

Super User III
Super User III

Do you want to go to another page?

You can explain further. Meanwhile if you want to get what has been selected in the gallery youcan use, Set(MySelect,Gallery1.Selected)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes, I would like my arrow to lead to another page when clicked.  I am able to assign this easily in the top row.  However when I try to select other rows it highlights the whole gallery.  Almost like only the top row is able to be edited.  Here is me highlighting the top row.Here is me highlighting the top row.Here is what I see when i try the same thing on any other rowHere is what I see when i try the same thing on any other row

Hi @ag12 

You cannot assign different functions in the icon in the gallery.  However, you can use a Switch() function to go to different screens based on some value in the record being selected.  The value being chosen for the condition does not have to be visible in the gallery.  So the OnSelect of the icon can be

Switch(ThisItem.Status, "Open", Navigate(Screen1,None),"Closed",Navigate(Screen2,None),"InReview", Navigate(Screen3,None)) 

Then, depending on information in the record chosen in the gallery, a different screen can be opened.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,133)