Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
addy2019
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I cannot type in text in numerical field but i can copy paste it

Hi,

I have a number field where I cannot type in any text ($ or ,), which is an expected behavior, but I'm able to copy past $ & comma from Excel which is not expected. Anyone know the reason of it & how this unexpected behavior be fixed?

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks @addy2019 for posting these, upvoted both the ideas.

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@addy2019,

Sorry for the late follow-up.

I have confirmed that enter a $ and % are allowed for the TextInput control once you format it as Number. Besides, you could enter comma and dot between numbers. All of this is a behavior by design rather than a bug. Surely you could raise this as an idea, but I want to clarify to you that it is not a bug.

As an alternative solution, I think the IsMatch() function could achieve your needs.

1/ Set the Format property of the TextInput as "Number"

2/ Add a Label and set the Text property as below:

If(!IsMatch(TextInput2.Text,"\d+"),"Only numbers are allowed! Do not enter any characters!")

Please check the GIF for reference.

121703Gif.gif

Regards,

Qi

addy2019
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft ,

Here's my gif....textinput with number format not allowing me to type in $. Its within a Form. Also can show if you can type in $123 in sequence i.e. type $, then 1, then 2, then 3

TextInput Curr Issue.gif

Hi@addy2019,

I must say it is related to something by default, we could not solve this design issue at once.

Currently, we could only provide an alternative solution that help you pop up an error message once you enter invalid characters within the TextInput.

So you could try my solution and check if it could work with your scenario.

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

addy2019
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft ,

I don't wanna use any more validation formulas as I need to apply it for many numerical fields which would make my already complex application more complex. But looks like I have to use it due to this design issue.

I know you need time to fix it but at least add this design issue to your to do list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,980)